Sunday, September 25, 2011

lost and found

Short version:  lost my credit card today and found it later.  For more, read on…

 

I had the greatest time in Spokane, and have been just buzzing with joy for days.  I was topping it off this morning with a loop walk along the riverfront before my drive home.  I got sidetracked to the beautiful Catholic church at Gonzaga (St. Aloysius – built 1911 – amazing marble and stained glass), then continued on the other side of the trail.  I was going to look for a latte and sit by the falls but, lo, my credit card had fallen out of the secure location.  Grrr!  I walked back to my hotel to see if it had been turned in.  No such luck.  I went upstairs praying and listening to my headphones saying “great it Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness.”  I explained to God how inconvenient it was to lose the credit card every autopay is billed to less than 48 hours before leaving the country.

 

Resigned to the process but committed to avoid losing my amazing joy, I went online and got the phone number for the 24/7 lost and stolen credit card line.  You can guess the routine – 10 minutes of pressing buttons to learn they aren’t in on Sundays.  OK, I’ll trust and move on.  I got in the car to go home and prayed that God would give me peace if I should just drive away and leave cancelling it for later.  No peace came, so I walked up the trail again.  I reached Gonzaga seeing nothing along the way and as I stepped on to the wide grass field I was reminding God that I took two different paths across this grass and He would have to really help me if it was here, because it would be very hard to see.  Then I almost stepped on it.

 

Good thing the 24/7 folks aren’t always available – but God is.

 

And one REALLY cool thing came out of it.  I ended up on the trail with hundreds of others who were just starting the JDRF Walk for a Cure.  That’s Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  Hmm.  I just prayed and laughed at the irony of it all.  Heal Ben, Lord.  Heal them all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment